Sunday, May 17, 2009

Movies....and Me...

May 17, 09
I Watched Angels and Demons today here in AMC (hoffman estates). A gripping movie till the end from the start. Dint feel bored even a second except a few logical flaws...which were too little to be highlighted....
Its a movie am watching almost after 3 months, next to "Naan Kadavul". Am fond of movies from rajini or director bala or shankar or maniratnam and any good english movies too, just like this one "A&D" today.
When i was in S. P. Koil, i used to go for movies very often...mostly to one of the three theatres in Chengalpet. It was saravanan who used to take me to any new tamil film relased there. we watched a lot of them, even when it rains, we never dropped any plans we made.
After saravanan's travel to onsite, my movie trips were haunted in s.p.koil but i made it in my native, my vellore, with friends whom ever is available in the weekends. The new Adlabs or Big Cinemas gave a different and great experience to many families of vellore including me and my friends. I did find a sudden increase in the number of families coming to theatres in the weekends with families even for night shows, which were usually marked only for free roaming youth and jobless. More than the screens and seats, the cleanliness in the urinals/toilets sure needs to be credited for that.
I loved spending time with friends in theatre more than watching the film, especially for the not so good movies. so i can watch almost any film, when am with a company. Have never watched a movie in a theatre alone and i dont want to do it anytime.....
When i got my own pulsar, i started my film trips to chengalpet again with whomever is available. Though the great Sathyam or Inox ambience wouldnt be there in the chengalpet theatres, it really was a different, interesting and relishing feeling in those not so good theatres. your advantages are, you can shout, comment, whistle and do whatever u want to give out ur expression or response for any scene. I do miss those intervals for that watery tea or costly softdrinks.....it was always a lovely thing to do for me....But in the city theatres, its like my hands are tied when watching films
Unfortunately i dont know the whistling stuff...i tried many a times but failed :( I really pity myself for that...
I just roll back myself now to my school and college days....when in school, i still remember the day when i planned for the movie (First mvie with a friend) with Peter for Speed in the Vishnu theatre (Near Katpadi). Though we planned well ahead and i somehow made 15 rupees from my mom, bcoz of peter's usual last minute "caught ups" we started late in our bicycles. We pedalled very fast and infact i gave my everything to reach the movie as fast as we could to go by the start of it. we made ourselves to the theatre in very less minutes, around 10 -15 , which is about 6 -7 kms from sathuvachari. But the movie had started before our start :) we still watched the movie though....
In college days, my friends used to bug me to join them for movies, but i rarely made it bcoz of the financial constraints....i wanted 50 rupees or atleast 30 -40 rupees for a movie to watch peacefully...but that was a very big amount for my family that time i decided myself to ignore calls from friends. Would have been to 5 or 6 films in the four years. Though friends were ready to pay for me, i wasnt comfortable in doing that....many thought i was not interested in movies at all.....:D

And i guess, that was one reason why i started watching movies very frequently and as much as possible when i started getting pay slips :)

I wish i learn the whistling very soon......:)

No comments: